Posted at 11.14.2018
CAREER EPISODE: 03
3. 1) The profession show three presents an considerable information of the job "Automation of vinyl grinding flower using HMI and PLC". This job was part of my industry internship - "Project 2" in the ultimate semester, and a requirement to complete my level, Bachelor of Engineering (Gadgets and Communication)from Gujarat Technological School, India. I started out this job with a team of three technicians including myself and a task trainer. The job length of time was five weeks which included task training, implementation and testing. We performed as Electronic engineer interns in "Mega Switchgears, India" for this project.
3. 2) In almost all of the small-scale industries the fault recognition is done through manual means i. e. lots of time is spent in identifying the exact point of problem/failure in a particular system. It really is a very exhausting process for the operator to check on each and every machine in order to find the error. To make work easier for the personnel, we made an set up that displays a note on the HMI (Man Machine Interface) display which indicates the location of the problem.
3. 3) In this job, our main aim was to develop an automation system for a plastic material grinding flower using HMI and PLC (Programmable Logic Controller). By using this automation system, we could actually keep an eye on and control the herb from a remote location. Quite simply, status of each module could be checked without going to the location of the seed and also it sends a note or alert with the positioning of the mistake whenever there is a problem or inability in the place.
3. 4) My assignments and tasks included:
3. 5) Project mechanism
PERSONAL Anatomist ACTIVITY
3. 6) For this project, we experienced an extensive training program for five months and concurrently we completed our job implementation as well as the assessment. We were working as interns in the business. This training provided us an perception to the technological culture of an electronic industry. In this internship, we found many new electric components such as PLC and HMI and learned new methods to design an electronic circuit within an organized manner as per IEEE design benchmarks. I was trained by the task trainer in encoding the PLC and HMI using different softwares. As a team, we were been trained in designing and implementing the prototype of any automated plastic grinding system. During our training, we were also given lessons on safety measures to avoid hazardous situations. For the security environment, we were provided gloves, clothes and eyeglasses to design electronic digital circuit and mechanical hand.
3. 7) Hardware Implementation
We started with the designing of the prototype, mentioned about the work procedure for the system and selection of components. In this particular task, we used DVP12SA PLC that was picked under the guidance of our project trainer and depending after the use of the task. It contains 8 input jacks and 4 result ports. PLC is programmable controller which consists of a microprocessor, suggestions and output module, memory and power. It behaves in line with the position of the source and output slots which depends after the stored program in the ram of the PLC. Therefore, we made a decision to use PLC for our job. For the controlling and status condition of each component of the seed, I've used 8 channel and 4 route relay cards, toggle switches and sign lamps. Relay cards is a device which relay is mounted and can be used for controlling goal, toggle switches for handling certain areas of the machines and signal lamps are being used for indication reason for seed condition. These bulbs have very good awareness. RS232 cable is used as a coding cable tv and RS485 is employed to interconnect the PLC and HMI. To supply efficient electricity, in this project we have incorporated SMPS (Switched Mode POWER)
Hardware Execution with the mimic of the plant
3. 8) Furthermore to automate the plastic material grinding plant, we have also used Delta (DOPB07S211) HMI. I made a decision to use HMI in our project because it allows you to design the perfect seed diagram utilizing a software and shows on the screen. This managed to get really easy for me for the simulation process as well as monitoring the point flower from a remote control location. The key feature of HDMI is to identify the exact location of the problem in the vegetable whenever any unusual condition occurs such as though any motor unit will trip credited to any abnormal condition then electric motor and related device process will stop and hooter gets ON, that provides a caution to the operator with audible sound. Operator can also confirm which motor unit is tripped by visible indication on mimic by indicator lights.
3. 9) Software Implementation
For software implementation, I was trained by our project trainer for just two calendar months. I used WPL Editor for PLC coding. This software is capable of providing 3 languages i. e. Ladder (LAD), Training (IL) and Sequential Function Graph (SFC). It was user friendly the software but it was as difficult to program the PLC because the development was integrated depending upon the various conditions of the vegetable and in those situations what action should be taken. After every modest execution, I used to check the action of the PLC to be able to complete the programming successfully. For this task, I used Ladder dialect to program the PLC.
3. 10) The next software that i was trained for was Screen Editor. I used display screen editor to design the imitate diagram of plastic material grinding place with touch keys which were used to regulate each component of the place. This software is relatively much lucid than WPL Editor software. I also incorporated color code system for various mistake condition such as follows:
Screen EditorHMI Display
3. 11) In the finish after the execution and paperwork, we presented our task with the automated prototype of clear plastic grinding seed and offered a presentation before our faculty. The overall journey of the project was very profitable in terms of learning, learning and enhancing complex skills. I encountered many tough situations while going after this project such as encoding the PLC and making the prototype but working under the instruction of our task trainer so when a team, made the task look easily possible. For future prospective, system can be handled using a computer at remote location by joining HMI with an ethernet cable connection, record of faults taking place in the system can be saved in the excel sheet and the system can be password safeguarded.