For students, the ability to make a strong thesis statement is the main key to writing a good and logical argumentative essay. It’s designed to present a particular topic to the targeted audience, give your personal opinion, and summarize a basic argument by providing enough evidence to support it. That’s why learning how to make a solid argumentative essay thesis is an important skill if you want to achieve your academic success. Make sure that you can capture all significant details in one concise sentence and it should be the last one when it comes to your writing an essay introduction. There are different ideas that can help you succeed, and the most effective ones are discussed below.
- What is it all about? Basically, making a thesis statement in any academic paper is about writing a brief and strong sentence that states its main idea and helps you organize all thoughts. Don’t mix it with a topic because they are different. That’s because a thesis reflects your personal judgment or opinion on a specific subject discussed in your essay.
- How to make a strong one? You need to have a strong thesis because it gives the right direction to the entire academic paper and helps you narrow down all ideas and facts. Besides, it also informs readers about the things that will be discussed in the main body, so be sure that all other essay paragraphs support, explain, and argue it. If this task seems a bit confusing to you, you can always get our professional best resume writing service
- What does it require? Any thesis statement needs a strong proof, but it’s not just a statement of some facts. Be sure to support it with enough evidence that can interest other people and motivate them to keep reading your academic paper. For example, it’s advisable to mention all supporting points in the thesis itself.
- Where should your thesis go? One of the most common practices is to put in in the last sentence of the introduction. This is what allows you to lead up to your argument essay thesis instead of diving into the chosen topic right away. If you make your statement at the very beginning, some readers may forget or become confused about your main idea while checking the introduction.
Tips on How to Write a Good Thesis
- Be sure to know the chosen topic. It’s almost impossible to make a strong statement if you know nothing about the subject that should be discussed in your essay. The good news is that there are different techniques and tools that will help you, including researching and relying on your personal experiences.
- Limit your topic. Find out more about the length of your academic paper to limit this topic to a certain area. For example, a case study analysis with a broader scope will require you to write a longer paper.
- Brainstorm all possible ideas. If you have certain difficulties with building a strong thesis, you should take a piece of paper and start writing down all ideas that come to your mind, but make sure that they are related to a specific topic. Do your best to discover fresh connections and thoughts while separating them into categories. It’s advisable to use these ideas to make a solid statement in your paper.
Helpful Suggestions for Your Thesis Argumentative Essay
- Express your opinion. When writing a thesis, be sure to have a clear point of view about the chosen topic because this process requires making a claim that other people can dispute. This means that your statement should summarize the main argument that you’re making in your essay, so that ensure that your opinion is both debatable and clear. Take into consideration one simple way that will help you test a thesis statement: you need to ask yourself if readers can either oppose or challenge it. If it just states obvious facts that they can disagree with, you will fail to come up with a strong thesis for argumentative essa y
- Stay specific. Make sure that it’s specific and focused because the targeted audience needs to know what you will argue in the main body and why.
- Include the necessary evidence. This is how you will support your statement and opinion while telling readers that you really understand the chosen topic and did some research to support your main idea. Another purpose that it serves is to provide them with a certain road map, and this is what differentiates this academic assignment with any task where you need to follow basic how to write a speech
- Important questions to answer. Evaluate if your thesis statement can tell other people why and how you take a particular stance and prove your point of view. If you fail, you risk ending up with an argument that is too open-minded, so you need to keep working to clarify and specify it. The good news is that you can save both time and energy if you entrust this task to our qualified and trained academic writers who offer a full range of services, such as their quality lab report format
- Argue for your opponents. It’s one of the most effective ways to define whether your thesis statement is strong enough. Get more information about opposing views to know how to beat them and convince readers that you’re right. For instance, researching updated facts and stats is a brilliant idea.
- Don’t forget about your targeted audience. They may have opposing opinions on the main argument, although you believe in a certain idea. This means that you should be respectful to their points of view while succeeding to convince them to take your stance.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us