Posted at 11.22.2018
"The Godfather is enjoyable as it was upon its release in March of 1972. The assertion "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse" still resounds with popularity in the instant. Vito Corleone was a man of morals, rule and valor in a world sorely lacking in either. Vito Corleone's first name means "life, " or "alive, " and his last means "lionhearted" are in every way his own man. He has made his life providing people with things denied by other people, gaming, women and justice. Throughout the film, as opposed to the morality of the Don and the corruption of the state of hawaii. In the marriage scene, we begin to start to see the relationship between the Don and the state of hawaii when Tom Hagen instructs him a senator and "some of the judges" possessed called to apologize for not being there, but that "they've all sent gift items. " And past due in the film, it spoke very specifically about their state when Michael said that his daddy is "no different than another powerful man, any man who's accountable for other people, just like a senator or a leader. " The Don is violent however, not corrupt. He cannot be bought and used violence with great restraint. He approaches straight and honestly. Within the film, Don is the most principled man. He declined to participate in the drug business since it might be wrong on moral grounds even at the chance of his own life. Family, friends and integrity are far more important than mere money. The Godfather; the main character is a man who's strong, brave and highly principled to defy the power of their state. "
(A) Give a synopsis of the movie relating to aspects of authority.
Guests were obtained for the marriage reception of Don Vito Corleone's child Connie and Carlo Rizzi in 1945. Vito may friends and affiliates as "Godfather. " He and family's attorney and counselor, Tom Hagen are experiencing wishes for special treatment since it is tradition a Sicilian cannot refuse a need on his daughter's big day. The Don's youngest kid Michael an adorned Sea war hero attempted to tell his sweetheart Kay Adams about his family especially his father's criminal living; he ensures her that he's nothing like his family.
Among the guests at the special event is the famous vocalist Johnny Fontaine, Corleone's godson, who have come to appeal for Vito's assist in getting a movie role that will rejuvenate his declining career. Jack Woltz the top of the studio room, won't give Fontaine the part and Hagen is sent to California to cure the challenge but Woltz advised him that he will never cast Fontaine in the role because Fontaine got ruined a starlet that was special to Woltz. Woltz improved his mind in any case when he wakes up early on the next morning, pulled again the sheets and sees the severed brain of his prized $600, 000 horse, Khartoum.
When Hagen earnings, the family complies with with Virgil Sollozzo who is backed by Tattaglia, the rival family. Don Corleone was asked to finance and give political and legal coverage for the importation and distribution of heroin. Corleone refused even though he will make a huge revenue. The Don's eldest son, Sonny breaks rates during the conference. Don Corleone was upset at Sonny's disagreement in a non-family member's occurrence, secretly reprimanded him later.
Later, Don Corleone was taken down in a shooting. Tom Hagen was abducted and they used him to persuade and offer Sonny the offer wanted to his father before. Sonny refused to think over it and issued difficult or a conflict would break. They refused and instead delivered Sonny Luca Brasi's bulletproof vest as a sign that that they had murdered him.
Michael visited his daddy at a little private medical center. He was surprised to learn that no one was enjoying over him. He then came to the realization that his dad was yet again being create to be murdered; he called Sonny for assistance; removed the Don to some other room, and went to observe the entry from external. Michael engaged help from Enzo the baker who arrived to a healthcare facility to pay his respects. Collectively, they were able to deceive Sollozzo's men. Law enforcement cars appeared taking the dishonest Captain McCluskey. Captain McCluskey broke Michael's jaw when Michael indirectly said that Sollozzo paid McCluskey to eliminate the Don. Hagen then appeared to protect Don Corleone and took Michael home. Sonny retaliated by eliminating Bruno Tattaglia, his kid and the under-boss of Don Phillip Tattaglia.
Ensuing to the attempt at a healthcare facility on the Don's life, Sollozzo requested a gathering with the Corleones. Michael volunteered to kill both men through the meeting but the rest of the family members found it amusing but Michael persuaded them that he was serious in the killings which he feels was at the family's interest. Michael argued that McCluskey was corrupt and acquired against the law dealings with Sollozzo; hence he should be killed as well.
Prior to the congregation in an Italian restaurant, McCluskey checked out for weapons on Michael and he was clean. Michael visited the bathroom, took out a revolver and gravely shot Sollozzo then McCluskey. Michael ran and hid in Sicily.
Sonny overcome Carlo Rizzi for attacking the Connie who was pregnant. He threatened to get rid of Carlo if he battered her again. Carlo responded and plotted with Tattaglia and Don Emilio Barzini to get rid of Sonny. To be able to ensnare Sonny, Carlo thrashed Connie again. Sonny in an enraged point out drove off by themselves to execute his danger. He was ambushed on the way at a toll booth and shot to loss of life in his car.
In NEW YORK, Don Corleone went back home from a healthcare facility and was distraught to discover that Michael had wiped out both Sollozzo and McCluskey and this Sonny was lifeless. Don Corleone found with the mind of the other rival Families to deal a ceasefire rather than seek revenge for Sonny's getting rid of. Ending the issue was the only way to bring Michael home safely and securely. Revenge would only drain their resources which will then threaten their success. Vito, changing his mind on the previous decision, decided that the Corleone family would provide politics coverage for the Tattaglia's heroin trafficking so long as it was manipulated and not sold to children. Don Corleone could find out at the reaching that it was Don Barzini and not Tattaglia who was simply actually behind the gang conflict and Sonny's death.
Michael waited patiently in Sicily for his exile to get rid of whilst being shielded by an old family friend. Michael wandered the countryside aimlessly alongside the bodyguards, Carlo and Fabrizio. Michael attained and fell in love with Apollonia Vitelli, the beautiful daughter of the club owner in the town. They got committed but Corleone's opponents were soon aware of Michael's presence. Apollonia was killed as the couple was about to be shifted to a safer place when their car was bombed; Michael hardly got away alive but spotted Fabrizio leaving the grounds hastily seconds prior to the explosion hence incriminating him in the murder story.
Michael delivered home when his basic safety was assured. A season later, he met up along with his former girl Kay after four years. He suggested to her and Kay accepted although she was injured that it needed him such a long time to contact her. While using Don semi-retired, Sonny deceased and the middle brother Fredo regarded incompetent to run the family business, Michael was devote charge. He promised Kay he'd legitimize the family business completely in the next five years.
Peter Clemenza and Salvatore Tessio will be the Corleone Family's two captains who complained that they were being shoved around by the Barzini Family and requested consent to punch back but Michael rejected the appeal. He designed to shift the family's functions to Nevada and soon after Clemenza and Tessio may sever and form their loved ones. Michael guaranteed Connie's hubby, Carlo, that he would be his mature man in Nevada. Tom Hagen was removed and became the family's attorney only; with Vito offering as the consigliere. Hagen complained about his position change and questioned Michael on the new command of "military" being secretly built under Rocco Lampone but Don Vito described that Michael had been encouraged by him.
Michael attained with the gambling establishment employer Moe Greene in Las Vegas. Michael was turned down rudely when he offered to take over Greene. He presumed the Corleones were fragile and that he could obtain a better pact from Barzini. Fredo sided with Moe when Moe and Michael were negotiating intensely. Later, Michael cautioned Fredo to never again not in favor of the family.
When Michael came back home, Vito informed him his expectation that the Family's enemies would attempt to do Michael by utilizing a trusted link to collaborate a gathering over a ploy for assassination. Vito never designed for Michael to lead a life of criminal offense and hoped that his youngest boy would keep a lawful vitality as a administration officer. Soon after, Vito crumpled and passed on in his tomato garden whilst using his grandson Anthony. Tessio advised meeting with Barzini at the burial which made Tessio as the defector that Vito was anticipating.
Michael organized some murders while he became the godfather to Connie and Carlo's newborn child at the chapel to happen at the same time. Don Stracci: shot down regarding his men in a good start. Moe Greene: was shot in the attention by an unidentified assassin while being massaged. Don Cuneo: shot lifeless by Willi Cicci: while trapped in a revolving door and Don Tattaglia: murdered in his foundation by Rocco Lampone and an anonymous associate. Don Barzini: was shot along with his bodyguard and drivers, by Al Neri, disguised in his old police force uniform.
After the baptism, Tessio thought he was along the way with Hagen to the assembly between Michael and Barzini which he previously assemble. He was however circled by Willi Cicci and other chosen men instead as Hagen relocated away. Tessio came to the realization that Michael had found out his treachery. He told Hagen that he previously always revered Michael, and that his disloyalty "was for business only. " He asked Tom to release him for "old times' sake, " but Tom cannot do this. In the mean time, Michael faced Carlo about Sonny's murder and compelled him to admit his involvement in the ambush. Michael promised Carlo he would not be killed, but excluded from all family business. He offered Carlo a plane solution to banish himself to NEVADA. Nonetheless, he was wiped out on Michael's purchases by Clemenza, whilst getting in to the car that was headed for the air port.
A frantic Connie confronted Michael and accused him of getting rid of Carlo. Kay questioned Michael about Connie's demand but he declined to respond, telling her again never to question about his business. She persisted and Michael lied; ensuring her that he didn't know and has no part in Carlo's fatality. Kay assumed him and was experienced relieved. Clemenza and the new captains Rocco Lampone and Al Neri pay their respects to Michael. Clemenza bowed to Michael greeted him as "Don Corleone. " Michael became the new Godfather.
Who is or will be the leader/s in the movie
Vito Corleone, Sonny Corleone, Michael Corleone
The innovator/s role in the movie
Negotiating, Discussing, Delegating and Instructing
(B) Explain the context for every incident associated with leadership aspects in the synopsis.
Incidents within the movie relating to the leader/s
(1) Don Corleone revealing Johnny Fontaine that he would help him to be the legend in the movie by offering Jack Woltz "something that he can't refuse". Leadership in handling problems.
(2) Sollozzo had asked Don Corleone to financing and give politics and legal coverage for the distribution of heroin but Corleone refused even if he could make huge profits expressing that his politics influence would maintain jeopardy with a getting into the narcotics business. Leadership in being liable to ensure the security of others.
(3) When Sonny who got previously advocated the family to enter in the medication trade broke ranks during the meeting, his father, irritated at Sonny's rebellion in a non-family member's presence, reprimanded him privately later. Command in solving things/rebuking subordinates not before external celebrations.
(4) Michael visited his father at the hospital and became dubious when there was nobody guarding the Don. He came to the realization that there is another murder being create and he called Sonny for help and removed the Don to some other room. Michael enlisted aid from Enzo the baker who had gone to a healthcare facility to give his respects. Jointly, they managed to deceive the killers. Leadership in recognizing a predicament and deciding to solve them.
(5) Upon the an assassination make an effort on Don Corleone at a healthcare facility, Sonny retaliated by eliminating Bruno Tattaglia, boy and the under-boss of Don Phillip Tattaglia. Authority in taking the duty to solve the issues themselves.
(6) When Don Corleone came up home from a healthcare facility; found out that Michael got killed both Sollozzo and McCluskey and Sonny's fatality, Don Corleone fulfilled with the mind of the rival households to confer a ceasefire rather than seeking revenge for Sonny's killing. Ending the issue was the only way to bring Michael home securely. Revenge would exhaust their assets and threaten their success. Vito arranged that the Corleone family would provide political protection for the Tattaglia's heroin trafficking so long as it was constrained and not sold to children. Authority in knowing and finding an amicable way to resolve the problems.
(7) Sonny severely defeat Carlo Rizzi for viciously attacking the pregnant Connie, and threatened to destroy him if he ever before battered her again. Authority in taking the business lead and meting out the consequence.
Incidents and the head/s conversation within the context of the movie
(1) Johnny Fontaine, Corleone's godson came from Hollywood to lobby Vito's help in getting a movie role to revive his failing job. Jack Woltz, refused to provide Fontaine the part. Don Corleone t Hagen to discuss with Woltz and guaranteed Fontaine he'd have the role.
(2) Don Corleone was asked to funding and give politics & legal protection for distributing heroin. Despite having a huge income to be made, Corleone refused.
(3) Sonny who possessed urged the family to type in the medicine trade broke ranks during the conference between Sollozzo and the Corleone Family. The Don, upset at Sonny's disagreement in a non-family member's presence, secretly admonished him later.
(4) Michael called for help from Enzo the baker who had opted to the hospital to provide his respects. Together, they were able to deceive Sollozzo's men. Hagen then arrived with guns to protect Don Corleone and needed Michael home. Sonny retaliated by eradicating Bruno, the boy and Don Phillip Tattaglia
(5) Michael wished to wipe out both men during the appointment and he persuaded them that he was serious on the killings.
(6) McCluskey searched Michael for weaponry before the conference within an Italian restaurant, and didn't find any weaponry. Michael excused himself to visit the bathroom where he returned a revolver and upon coming to the stand, seriously taken and killed Sollozzo followed by McCluskey.
(7) Sonny overcome Carlo Rizzi for viciously attacking the Connie, and informed him he'd eliminate him if he ever before mistreated her again. Angry Carlo then plotted with Tattaglia and Don Emilio Barzini, the Corleones' brain rivals, to kill Sonny. Carlo thrashed Connie again to be able to trap Sonny. In an angry status, Sonny drove off together to do his alert. He was ensnared along the way at a toll booth and taken to loss of life in his car.
(8) Don Corleone found with the minds of the rival families to discuss on the ceasefire rather than seek revenge for Sonny's killing. Ending the discord was the only path to bring Michael home safely and securely.
(9) The Don is now semi-retired, Sonny lifeless and sibling Fredo considered incompetent to perform the family business, Michael was devote charge. He promised Kay he'd legitimize the family business completely within five years.
(10) Michael guaranteed Carlo that he'd be his lead man in Nevada. Hagen was removed as the consigliere and became the family's lawyer only; with Vito portion as the consigliere.
(11) Vito Corleone explained to Hagen that Michael had been led by him.
(12) Fredo sided with Moe during the powerful negotiation. Michael cautioned Fredo to never take sides with anyone other than the family again.
(13) Vito informed Michael that he expected the Family's foes would try to wipe out Michael by by using a link to collaborate a meeting on the pretext for murder.
(14) Michael organized a series of murders while participating in the baptism of Connie and Carlo's recently born son at the church to happen at exactly the same time. Don Stracci: taken down together with his men in a good start by Clemenza. Moe Greene: shot through the eye by an unidentified assassin while being massaged. Don Cuneo: shot deceased by Willi Cicci while caught in a revolving door and Don Tattaglia: murdered in his bed along by Rocco Lampone and an anonymous associate. Don Barzini: shot together with his bodyguard and drivers by Al Neri in his old police uniform.
(15) Michael encountered Carlo about Sonny's murder and compelled him to acknowledge his participation in the ambush. Michael guaranteed Carlo he would not be killed but excluded from all the family's businesses. He provided Carlo a aircraft solution to banish himself to Las Vegas.
(16) Connie confronted Michael and accused him of killing Carlo. Kay questioned Michael about Connie's fee but he dropped to respond, sharing with her again to never query him about the business enterprise. She persisted and Michael lied; guaranteeing her that he performed no role in Carlo's loss of life. Kay comprehended him and was relieved.
Know your leader/s behavior and characteristics
- Leadership is tendencies of a person when he is directing the actions of a group towards a distributed goal.
- A leader is a person who sets direction in an effort to influence people to follow that course.
(C) Describe and discuss why the leadership tendencies was effective or ineffective
Leadership actions like - job oriented; relations oriented; participative leadership
(1) Sonny could keep things as they were but he was struggling to make certain situation better. He had not been in a position to make wise decision and always acted rashly. For instance when his sister was attacked for the second time. He didn't think things through and rushed off only. As a result, he received himself wiped out. Sonny had not been progressive. He needed someone else to make decision for him as well as for him to carry things out. He could sustain but cannot improve them. (Ineffective)
(2) Vito Corleone possessed the features of a head that have been effective. He made decisions which he feels is best for the family regardless if the others aren't in contract with him. Like a leader, he demonstrated that he was thinking about the permanent future. For example when he refused to cooperate with Tattaglia on the heroin trafficking. He was thinking about the family's future - ethics and beliefs. (Effective)
(3) Michael made the proposal to kill the police key and head competitor. He put the authorities chief's motives in the papers to regulate the destruction. He removed Hagen as the family's key consultant since Hagen was always protesting against just how Michael made his decisions. (Effective)
Change agent capabilities
(1) Sonny had not been able to understanding changes and improve them. He could have the ability to make sensible decisions and needed others to decide for him. He could only sustain whatever was accessible. Sonny was more of a supervisor who could maintain things.
(2) Vito Corleone was a innovator who would adopt changes for the family even if others aren't in sync along with his decisions. He has the leadership attributes in him to lead the family well into the future. He forethought what would maintain the best interest for the family within the next ten years rather than short term.
(3) Michael many changes and ideas to make the Family's business legal in five years as he guaranteed Kay before he committed her. He suggested on the new idea to eliminate the corrupt authorities chief who was simply working with the family's rival even though others were amused by his recommendation. He removed Hagen from the advisor role when Hagen was always criticizing and questioning his new ideas.
Able to aid, able to develop new ideas and recognizing achievement
(1) Sonny's style of leadership was inadequate because even though he could support new ideas, he was not in a position to develop the suggestions to make them better. He could not make wise decision for the family. He did not think situations completely and would just dash off when there was family turmoil. He was not inventive and did not have a way of thinking of a innovator. He could achieve when decisions were made for him. He would exclude other people or matters included when tackling the issues or issues. He could sustain the situations or conditions but could not improve or make the better.
(2) Vito Corleone design of command was effective because he could choose and adjust to new changes or ideas. He was not someone who would just maintain a situation. He'd create new improvements in order to accomplish his goals. When he was asked by Tattaglia to help in the medicine trafficking business, he refused even though he knew it might be benefit the Family greatly. He envisioned the near future and hence declined to cooperate in the business. Even when Sonny rebuked and sided with the other get together, he tolerated the outburst but stayed true to his decision. He showed his control in adopting changes well following the killings and death of Sonny from his early refusal to assist. Upon his hospitalization and many attempts to assassinate him, he relinquished his role as the Don and became an consultant to Michael in the working and leading of the Family's business. He was moral and declined to get involved in unnecessary killings particularly when the younger decades are worried.
(3) Michael Corleone's style of leadership was effective because he was working towards increasing the family's business and making it better. He guaranteed Kay he'd legitimize the business enterprise in five years and he tried out hard to ensure that it just happened. He made the proposal to destroy the police main and head rival and later pass on the police chief's real motives in the newspapers as a solution to control the destruction. Hagen who was simply a great administrator of the family's business could not understand Michael's new ideas and thoughts protested. In response to Hagen's actions, Michael relegated his consultant position in the family to just family lawyer despite Hagen's complains. Michael could achieve his goals working with subordinates who are willing to cooperate and follow his business lead. He could lead and deal with the family to increased success and made himself renown and well known by his rivals.
(D) Identify and explain at least two different incidents relating to the same leader(s). When the incidents involve two individuals or a group making a decision, leadership habit by the various individuals can be diagnosed.
Executive summary of the two different determined incidents
In the opening scene whenever a funeral director told Don Corleone about the men who experienced beaten and mutilated his child got deferred phrases and how the Status buffed him the justice which he thought he deserved. He went to see Don Corleone seeking fairness and in the beginning had wanted to ask Corleone to get rid of them however the Don said out that would not be justified because the girl was still alive. Bonasera attempted to bribe him with money but Corleone was above that. The sole price to him for offering justice was friendship because some day, he'd call upon Bonasera to execute a service for him. He refused to do "murder for money" for Bonasera because that would not be justice.
(2) The Don was not corrupt but violent. Despite the fact that he bought politicians, he himself could not be bought. He used violence but he is not evil. He refused to acquiesce to the State. He used this assault with restraint. The same thing happened with the movie director. The Don first offered camaraderie to do some specific services; that is making his godson as the star in his new movie but the director refused reasons and in the long run woke up with a inactive horse's head in his bed. The Don's strategy was direct and genuine. He was the most principled man in the film. He refused to get rid of in the Bonasera's case because that would not be reasonable and he declined to be a part of Sollozzo's medication business, because that would be wrong. He told Sollozzo that drugs were a dirty business. It did not make any difference to him what people do for a living but the medication business is dangerous.
Making decision within team, group and specific setting
(1) The family attained with Virgil Sollozzo who asked Don Corleone for funding, political and legal backings in importing and distributing the heroin. Corleone refused despite knowing the huge revenue that might be made describing that his politics pressure would be compromised by going into the medicine trade. The Don's eldest child Sonny, who had earlier backed the family to enter the drugs trade, broke ranks in the appointment and queried Sollozzo's assurances and guarantees regarding the Corleone Family's investment by the Tattaglia Family. Don Corleone was upset at Sonny's opposition in a non-family member's occurrence, reproached him later in private. Don Corleone then directed Luca Brasi to permeate Sollozzo's corporation and revert with information. Brasi was stabbed in the palm and consequently garroted by an assassin.
(2) Michael went to visit his dad at the private clinic. He was alarmed to learn that no one was viewing over him. Then noticed that his dad was yet again being create to be murdered; hence he called Sonny for assistance; removed the Don to some other room, and visited observe the access from external. Michael engaged help from Enzo the baker who had opted to the hospital to give his respects. Along, they managed to deceive Sollozzo's men. Law enforcement cars appeared bringing the corrupt Captain McCluskey. Captain McCluskey strike and broke Michael's jaw when Michael implied that Sollozzo paid McCluskey to net Vito Corleone. Hagen arrived with qualified guns to protect Don Corleone and took Michael home. In retaliation, Sonny killed Bruno Tattaglia, kid and the under-boss of Don Phillip Tattaglia.
Charismatic and transformational roles
(1) Vito Corleone's first name intended "life, " and his last name designed "a man with a lion's heart and soul" and who was simply atlanta divorce attorneys way his own person. He said to his son Michael in the film, "I refused to be always a fool dancing on the rope performed by all those people and he has made his life providing people who have things that those "people" acquired deprived them of among them betting, women and justice.
(2) Michael waited patiently in Sicily for his exile to end whilst protected by a vintage family friend. Michael roamed the countryside aimlessly alongside the bodyguards, Carlo and Fabrizio Michael fell in love with Apollonia Vitelli, the stunning daughter of the club owner in the tiny village. They got committed but Corleone's foes were soon aware of Michael's presence. Apollonia was wiped out as the couple was about to be shifted to a safer place when their car was bombed; Michael hardly acquired away alive but discovered Fabrizio leaving the lands hastily seconds prior to the explosion hence incriminating him in the murder plot.
Michael returned home when his protection was assured. A 12 months later, he met up along with his former partner Kay. He wanted to marry her and Kay accepted his proposal though it took him so long to contact her. The Don who was simply semi-retired; Sonny deceased and the middle brother Fredo regarded incompetent to perform the family business, Michael was devote charge. He promised Kay he'd legitimize the family business completely within the next five years.
Peter Clemenza and Salvatore Tessio, the Corleone Family's captains weren't happy being shoved around by the Barzini Family and asked for consent to punch back again but Michael turned down the appeal. He prepared to switch the family's operations to Nevada and immediately after Clemenza and Tessio may sever and form their loved ones. Michael guaranteed Connie's man, Carlo, that he would be his lead man in Nevada. Hagen was removed as the consigliere and became the family's legal professional only; with Vito serving as the consigliere. In private, Hagen complained about his status change and questioned Michael on the new control of "defense power" being secretly cultivated under Rocco Lampone. Don Vito explained that Michael had been recommended by him.
Michael achieved with the Moe Greene in NEVADA. Michael was turned down rudely when he wanted to dominate the internet casino. Greene assumed the Corleones were delicate and that he could obtain an improved pact from Barzini. Fredo sided with Moe when Moe and Michael were negotiating intensely. Later, Michael cautioned Fredo to never anyone contrary to the family again.
When Michael emerged home, Vito discussed that the family's opponents would try to perform Michael by using a trusted connect to collaborate a gathering on a ruse for assassination. Vito also said that he had never meant for Michael to lead a life of crime and hoped that his youngest kid would hold the best government office. Soon after, Vito crumpled and passed away in his tomato garden. Michael then established for a sequence of murders to take place at the same time while he was joining Connie and Carlo's newborn son's baptism at the chapel.
Critically analyze each of the two or more situations and consider other choices the first choice (s) could have considered and made (30%)
Participative authority, delegation and empowerment
(1) Sonny might well have delegated the duty of eliminating or instructing his sister's to his men instead of rushing off by themselves to handle the problems. His death induced the family to maintain a worse situation then before.
(2) Michael could have been taken critically by the other family when he advised killing the authorities chief and brain rival. He should have participated previously in the family's activities and not only after his dad had assassination tries made after him. It might have preserved Sonny's life if Michael was around to make decisions. Don Corleone must have foreseen Michael's functions and empower him to adopt the business lead in the family.
Power and influence
Vito Corleone was a strong man; sufficiently daring and principled enough to endure challenge the energy of the state of hawaii. The type of man we all wanted to be and emulate. Vito Corleone's family, friends and integrity were far more important than money.
Managerial qualities and skills
Sonny was not able to make smart decisions for his family. He does not have any clear way of thinking. For example when his sister was attacked by the man for the next time, he just rushed off during the turmoil. He was a far more a director where he completed decisions created by others. He cannot make anything better because he had not been innovative enough to do so.
Michael didn't need to get mixed up in Family's activities and pleased to be considered a "civilian". However when his daddy, Don Corleone was threatened and got many assassination makes an attempt made on him, his brother Sonny wiped out and his elder sibling considered incompetent to lead, he previously no choice but to take over the realm with Don Corleone as his consultant. He promised Kay before he married her that he'd make the business legitimate in five years
He designed to transfer the family's operations to Nevada and soon after Clemenza and Tessio may sever and form their loved ones. Michael guaranteed to make Connie's husband his right lead man in Nevada. Hagen was removed and became the family's lawyer only; with Vito portion as the consigliere. Hagen complained about his position change and questioned Michael on the new control of "protection force". Don Vito explained to Hagen that Michael was being counseled by him.
Michael fulfilled with the casino manager Moe Greene in Las Vegas and offered to dominate the casino from Greene. Michael was declined rudely by Greene believing the Corleones were pathetic and that he could obtain a much better pact from Barzini.
Vito never designed for Michael to lead a life of criminal offense and hoped that his youngest son would hold a legitimate power in the federal government. Soon after, Vito perished in his tomato garden whilst playing with his young grandson Anthony. Michael then sorted out some murders while he was in a church for his godson's baptism service.
Michael organized a series of murders while he was in cathedral witnessing Connie and Carlo's new kid to happen at the same time. After the baptism, Tessio thought he was on the path to the gathering but was however circled by Willi Cicci and other employed men. In the mean time, Michael encountered Carlo about Sonny's murder and assured Carlo he would not be wiped out and provided him a planes solution to banish himself to Las Vegas. Nonetheless, he was killed by Clemenza, on Michael's requests, when he got into the car going for the airport. Connie confronted Michael and accused him of killing Carlo but he dropped to answer. She persisted and Michael lied; assuring her that he previously no part in Carlo's death.
You must be honest if you would like to live beyond your laws. The Don was violent but not corrupt. Despite the fact that he bought politicians, he himself could not be bought. The Don was the most honorable man in the film. He refused to murder for money in Bonasera's circumstance since that could not be justified and he refused to participate in Sollozzo's drug business because that could not be the right vice and drugs are a soiled business. It would bring down the Family's ethics, worth and safety. It made no difference to him the money he would lose in not making the offer and the risks involved but on moral and moral surface, his family, friends and integrity were more important than money.