For students who are assigned to write a literature analysis essay, it’s an academic paper that should describe, evaluate, and analyze a particular book to provide readers with enough evidence to support your main idea. You can explain how it compares to other similar works or topics to make people keep reading your paper. If you need to write a George Orwell 1984 essay, this story takes place in a technologically-advanced world where fear is used to control and manipulate people. This is how the author wanted to educate the audience about the negative consequences of specific political philosophies and defects in their human nature. He successfully manipulates utopian traditions to create his dystopia, a fictional world where the life if very bad from terror and oppression. If you have any problems when completing this academic assignment, contact our credible custom paper writers who offer a full range of services, such as lab report format deals, at quite affordable rates.
- Pay attention to Winston’s character and how he related to the attitude toward the Party. Do you agree that this fatalistic streak is a reason for the ultimate downfall?
- Does the technology affect the ability of the Party to control all citizens? How? What ways and methods does it use?
- Focus on the idea of Room 101. It’s the place where people have to meet with their worst fears. Remember that Winston doesn’t know what he’s going to find there for most of his time spent at the Ministry of Love. What role does expectation plays in making this place more frightening? Do you agree that the cage of rats breaks his spirit? Does it play just a symbolic role? Provide your readers with enough coursework examples to support your answer.
- What is the role played by Big Brother in this famous novel? What effect does this character have on Winston? Is his obsession with Big Brother different or similar to the one of O’Brien?
- O’Brien confirms Big Brother’s existence, but he refuses either to deny or confirm the Brotherhood’s existence. Why? It’s advisable to discuss the dynamics of the society that exists in Oceania too.
- Do you agree that the author wrote this novel as a warning? What did he want to warn people about? You should evaluate the influence of different political climate in the world if you choose this interesting thesis theme.
- Do you think that Julia differs from Winston? In what ways? Focus on her motivation, behavior, and basic goals.
- This book is full of doublethink and irony, so be sure to include in your academic paper as many examples as you can. Why do you think the author uses them both?
Essay on 1984 by George Orwell Questions
- What do you think about the characters of Winston and Julia? Make a detailed comparison. How do they rebel against the Party? Are their attempts effective?
- What about Winston’s path toward destruction? Where did you first see a fatalistic outlook? Do you agree that his defeat is inevitable?
- What is the role of technology in Oceania? In what areas is it highly advanced and stalled? Why?
- How do you evaluate the role of Big Brother in Winston’s life and in Oceania?
- Is there any contradiction in this world and the governance of the Party? What about different Ministries and their roles? Why is this contradiction accepted so widely by citizens? Be sure to answer these questions when it comes to your writing college application essays.
- What is the role played by O’Brien in Winston’s life? Is he a respected and revered character?
- What is the symbolic significance of the prole woman who sings in the yard? What does she represent for the main character and Julia?
- Do you believe that this novel is the author’s definition of dystopia? Is it his warning to all modern people?
- What are the interactions between Winston, Syme, and the old man? How do his interactions guide him toward an ultimate arrest?
- What is the level of power of the Party over citizens? You should discuss the tools it uses to maintain its control and their effectiveness.
- How can you outline the social hierarchy in this world? Does it support the Party? How?
Interesting Prompts for George Orwell 1984 Essays
- It’s very important to the Party to keep all people of Oceania in a continuous state of fear and paranoia. How does it achieve this goal? Why is it so important to the system of control?
- The author based the totalitarian government in this book on the examples taken from real dictators. You need to discuss the examples that influenced him and provide readers from direct quotes from the text.
- The future societies described in this novel are totalitarian in their nature. Compare Equilibrium and 1984 and define the most effective government when it comes to controlling the populace. Be sure to cite the examples necessary to support your literature analysis and opinion, but if you don’t know how to do that well, the good news is that our credible and trained academic writers will help you because they offer all services, including religious studies.
- Why do John Preston and Winston Smith both find themselves trying to fight this totalitarian and overbearing government? Why is Preston more successful than Smith in his fight? Share your own reasons and examine the text thoroughly.
- Pick the most effective method used by Big Brother to keep the population in control. Why is it the most powerful and useful? You need to support your opinion with valuable examples, such as real world techniques used to control the population nowadays. This is what will help you come up with an original and convincing essay.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us